Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The wonderful thing about Pessimism

So I've been obsessing -- OBSESSING -- about the Funky Monkey.

I really want to do well and at least not embarrass myself -- and I have been worried about my shoulder and scared to death that I will fall.
Then I read a blog that says those suckers are greased anyway.

Odds are, I'm going to fall . . . In fact, I am now planning to fall and that makes preparing for this so much easier.
Don't get me wrong, I'm going to try and I am going to be very proud of each rung I achieve.  It's not like I'm going to just jump into the water, but hey, when the deck is stacked, one needs to revise expectations.

I feel better about this, actually.


1 comment:

  1. So do I, Beth. I still can't manage one pull-up/chin-up/anything-up. I will not last long on those rungs, but that's okay. I'll try. You'll try. We are the only ones that matter in this.

    I feel better as well. It's the icy water that terrifies my, though. I don't like air temperature below 76 degrees. I'm doomed.

    ReplyDelete