Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mimi's epiphany. Drum roll, please.

Here it is, Beth. I was thinking about the sheer volume of obstacles at the race (twenty five to be exact).  If we are only to run 10 -12 miles, then the distance between the obstacles is only 1/2 mile each +/- a bit. That's barely enough time to recover from each obstacle. There is no need to run great distances in this race. Yes, I will still run. No, I won't run 10 miles at a time in preparation. There's no need.

How's that for a 'wow' moment? I just hope I'm not wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I did that math also and I'm not so much worried about the running as I am about the upper body strength stuff.

    Even still I ran into a guy at the park the other day while I was spastically trying to do the monkey bars (didn't fall off and didn't break anything so I consider the experience a resounding success). He told me he'd done the Tough Mudder and said that training is good and to keep working, but the experience is great because the other runners won't let anyone fail. Everyone helps everyone else.
    I think we can do this. I really do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can, and will, do this. From what I've seen and read as well, there is so much camaraderie that we'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete